Quick strikes and open thread for Tuesday
Just a couple of stories form Monday you may or may not have missed out on from around the NHL and the world of hockey. Consider this an open thread as well. Discuss what you will in comments.
- Is Ilya Kovalchuk on his way back to the NHL? A rumor started spreading that suggests the Devils are negotiating just that. [Pucks and Pitchforks]
- I've seen arguments in favor of gettign rid of the trapezoid. Not happening:
The NHL will expand the trapezoid by four feet behind the goal for next season, pending GM/board approval.— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) June 9, 2014
- Recently deposed Pittsburgh Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma will reportedly interview next week for the vacant Florida Panthers head coaching job [The Score]
- Steve Ballmer purchased the Los Angeles Clippers last week, and may have sights on elements of the AEG empire... Meaning Staples Center and the Los Angeles Kings [The Hockey News]
- Handicapping the 2014 NHL entry draft for the Tampa Bay Lightning [Lightning Shout!]
- Righty (shot) defenseman or right (correct) defensemen, which do the Bolts truly need? Thomas Fernandez plays down the righty-shot mandate levied by some. [Sports Talk Florida]
- Keep informed about the general chatter from the Tampa Bay Lightning on Twitter via our live stream page.
When will the Tampa Bay Lightning draft its first Florida-born player during the NHL Entry Draft?