Quick Strikes for Wednesday, October 22
Trade speculation regarding the Oilers and the Maple Leafs; is there a problem with how the NHL and the media perceives the Norris Trophy, given to the NHL's top defenseman? Your Wednesday links are here.
- You'd want to burn your third jerseys too if you lost the way Calgary did last night. [Matchsticks and Gasoline]
- The Lightning rank high in the Washington Post's latest NHL power rankings, taking into account fancy stats. [Washington Post]
- Alexis Boucher says Lightning fans need to "step away from the ledge" and stop panicking so early in the season. [Lightning Shout]
- Prior to last night's game at Saddledome, Puck Daddy put out a feature on Jonathan Drouin and the high expectations that come with the last of the "big four" top draft selections of the 2013 NHL entry draft. [Puck Daddy]
- Victor Hedman's injury is a blow to the Tampa Bay Lightning and his Norris Trophy chances... while Hedman and that "blow to the Norris Trophy chances" statement is part of what's wrong with the Norris Trophy to Jonathan Willis. [Bleacher Report]
- When the Oilers beat the Lightning on Monday, the Carolina Hurricanes became the only winless team in the NHL. That fact continued after they dropped a contest to the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday. [Canes Country]
- Toronto Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis was at Rexall Place in Edmonton on Friday to check out the Oilers/Canucks game that night. It's led to speculation of all sorts. Lyle Richardson, writing for The Hockey News, points to Nail Yakupov. [The Hockey News]
If Raw Charge were to hold a meet-up event or watch party, which Tampa Bay area city would be most ideal to host it?