Syracuse Crunch vs. Providence Bruins preview: AHL Eastern Conference final Game 3
The Crunch returns home for three games in a row with the series tied at 1-1.
The bottom line: Syracuse Crunch vs. Providence Bruins, game 3
The Crunch are undefeated on their home ice in two playoff rounds. Neither St. John’s nor Toronto dented Syracuse while playing in the Onondaga County War Memorial. With the tied series with Providence returning to the Crunch’s turf for three games in a row, the Crunch needs to continue their strong play at home.
It seems like the players not only know what they need to do, but also appreciate the fans that come out to support them:
#SyrCrunch @TyeMcGinn knows all about the Home Ice Advantage #Syracuse fans create in @TheOncenter War Memorial. #FillTheBarn #FIN15H pic.twitter.com/zrgG8EESSh— Scott Thomas (@sthomasphotos) May 23, 2017
Keeping “the barn” loud has surely presented a challenge for the Crunch’s front office, but so far the community has risen beautifully to the occasion.
#SyrCrunch @MATaormina loves a full barn aka @TheOncenter War Memorial in the #CalderCupPlayoffs. Call 315-473-4444 to #FillTheBarn #FIN15H pic.twitter.com/BXsAmAaufg— Scott Thomas (@sthomasphotos) May 23, 2017
Pre-game reading, listening, and viewing:
- My playoff previews for round three so far: game 1, game 2
- Game recaps of round three so far from Brandon Curtis: game 1, game 2
- Round preview from Stanley Cup of Chowder.
- The Crunch’s SoundCloud is a great place to go for player interviews and tidbits.
- Be sure to check out Syracuse’s YouTube channel if you’re looking for highlights, interviews, and recaps.
- You can find coverage from the team’s beat writer and others, including our friend Brent Axe, over at Syracuse.com.
- Mike McKenna’s amazing. /
Game night essentials:
- The pre-game radio broadcast with Dan D’Uva will start at 6:45 EST on ESPN Syracuse. You can stream the game in its entirety for free.
- Wednesday's game will also be broadcast on Sirius XM radio: /
The #CalderCup Playoffs are coming to @SiriusXMNHL Network Radio beginning with #PROvsSYR Game 3 tomorrow— AHL (@TheAHL) May 23, 2017
Details → https://t.co/r32L8h5ufV pic.twitter.com/xs26BdMoHi
- Puck drop is at 7:00 ET.
- AHL Live has special playoff pricing deals for every game of the AHL playoffs, as well as team-specific packages. There’s also a pay-per-view option.
- Be sure to follow the team on Twitter for updates if you’re away from other options./
Potential lines and pairings for Syracuse:
Excited to spend tomorrow evening with thousands of friends ☺ #FIN15H pic.twitter.com/dnGpXMeGuX— Mike McKenna (@MikeMcKenna56) May 23, 2017
Michael Bournival - Yanni Gourde - Cory Conacher
Adam Erne - Gabriel Dumont - Joel Vermin
Tye McGinn - Matthew Peca - Erik Condra
Daniel Walcott* - Byron Froese - Kevin Lynch
Potential defensive pairings:
Matt Taormina - Dominik Masin
Slater Koekkoek - Ben Thomas
Jake Dotchin - Mathieu Brodeur
*Walcott was hurt during Sunday’s game 2, and is currently listed as “day-to-day.” It’s been indicated that he will be a game day decision.
Potential lines and pairings for Providence:
Danton Heinen - Jordan Szwarz - Wayne Simpson
Jake DeBrusk - Austin Czarnik - Chris Porter
Colton Hargrove - Colby Cave - Zach Senyshyn
Anton Blidh - Ryan Fitzgerald - Tyler Randell
Alex Grant - Tommy Cross
Chris Casto - Matt Grzelcyk
Chris Breen - Linus Arnesson