The CLS Re-Draft - So Far....
There is no set schedule as of yet for when people have to pick - that's still being figured out. The Lightning's second round pick is at 58 - followed by the third round pick at 63 - which I'm sure will garner me even more grief for who I chose. But that's alright. I was pretty sure going in that most people wouldn't like my decision.
So here's what we have so far, with the rest of the order after the break.
- Alexander Ovechkin, Calgary Flames
- Sidney Crosby, Vancouver Canucks
- Henrik Lundqvist, Tampa Bay Lightning
- Evgeni Malkin, Dallas Stars
- Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks
- Nicklas Lidstrom, New York Islanders
- Pavel Datsyuk, Philadelphia Flyers
- Zach Parise, Edmonton Oilers
- Ryan Getzlaf, Nashville Predators
- Vincent Lecavalier, Atlanta Thrashers
Vinny ended up going in the top ten after all. Good for him. I was wondering about that.
As mentioned previously, this is a snake order draft. Odd numbered rounds go 1-30; even numbered rounds go 30-1. At least, that's what they tell me. Since this is the first time at this, we're sort of making things up as we go along, at this point. The process of drafting will go much faster once we figure out a more efficient way of how to do things, though.
This is not a typical fantasy draft. This is an offseason exercise only. The winner will be determined by an NHL '10 simulation.
As more picks are made, I will update this list. For more information on picks, please visit the Cycle like the Sedins blog. They will also update the terms of the draft as we go along.