We might have call-ups!
On Lightning Strikes yesterday, Boucher said that the team might be down as many as five players for Wednesday's game. Call-ups from the minors to replenish the team may be needed.
Who do we have (possibly) out?
- Simon Gagne - neck
- Dominic Moore - groin
- Mattias Ohlund - knee
- Brett Clark - wrist
- Matt Smaby - stomach virus
Your weekly links after the jump...
Your Lightning links:
- Want to buy some autographed Lightning stuff and have the proceeds go to help fight prostrate cancer? The auction runs till November 4th with auction deadlines every day.
- Simon Gagne makes the Houses of Hockey's early season struggle list
- But Gagne tells the St. Petersburg Times that he'll overcome his slow start
- Stamkos was named NHL's third star of the week
- Next month, Lightning sixth round 2010 pick Brendan O'Donnell, is heading to Penticton, BC along with two other 2010 draftees (Benjamin Gallacher from the Panthers and Mark MacMillan from the Canadiens) to compete for Canada West in the 2010 World Junior 'A' Challenge
- There was trade speculation last week on where the Regina Pats may trade Carter Ashton to
Links from Around the NHL:
- Really great article about Ovechkin in GQ
- This past weekend the LA Kings and the Colorado Avalanche had a hashtag battle on twitter which ended up raising $43,250 for part of Hockey Fights Cancer month
- The Globe and Mail writers give their opinions on "What can be gained from benching Kovalchuk?"
- And in the National Post, Sean McIndoe gives us a brief history of benched NHL stars DGB style
- Elliotte Friedman looks into how the concussion problem in hockey can be fixed
- The Hockey News is getting a makeover (story in the Vancouver Sun)