Quick Strikes for Friday, October 24
In this edition of Quick Strikes: A couple of advanced stats reads, the weekly Connor McDavid power rankings, some redemption for Ondrej Palat after a huge mistake in the waning minutes of the third period against the Edmonton Oilers, and a lot more.
- Hockey analytics are playing a huge role in the NHL today, but these advanced statistics can be overwhelming for some. Here is an excellent article that breaks down the terminology and how it is used in compiling advanced statistics. [Tampa Bay Lightning]
- Ondrej Palat knew he made a mistake when his pass in the third period of the Lightning's game against the Edmonton Oilers ended up on the stick of Ryan-Nugent Hopkins. He was able to some redemption for that costly mistake though, scoring the game winner in an overtime victory over the Calgary Flames on Tuesday. [Tampa Tribune]
- Could the Bolts offense benefit from getting a little more down and dirty? The inconsistent attack so far this season has been a surprise that the club is trying to improve on. [Tampa Tribune]
- The weekly Connor McDavid power rankings are here, with the teams most likely to be in the running for the expected first overall draft pick. [SB Nation]
- The "Best Halloween Costume" award goes to...
PK Subban was crazy scary at the #habs Halloween party last night. http://t.co/II4nQ7zwKA pic.twitter.com/lRKvNIRLAu— 25stanley (@25stanley) October 23, 2014
- Canucks forward Zack Kassian got caught in a bad line change during a game against the St. Louis Blues, so he hurried to try to get off the ice. I'm going to guess, though, that he didn't mean to jump into the Blues bench. [SB Nation]
- Cody Franson's game may seem a little rough around the edges, but as one writer notes, the numbers don't lie. [Sports Illustrated]
If Raw Charge were to hold a meet-up event or watch party, which Tampa Bay area city would be most ideal to host it?