Quick Strikes for Saturday, September 6
A couple of rankings to talk about, a new NHL coach who has experience in the Land Down Under, and two bloggers who are saying farewell to their readers in this Saturday, September 6 edition of Quick Strikes.Follow @dbaldwin1215
- The "Top 14 for '14-15" project continues over at NHL.com. For their latest edition, Arpon Basu, Dan Rosen, Corey Masisak, and Brian Compton examine the top 14 defensemen in the league. You may recognize the Swede ranked tenth on the list, Tampa Bay Lightning's Victor Hedman. [NHL Official Site]
- In another ranking, this time over at Leafs Nation. Former Lightning first rounder Carter Ashton, traded away for defenseman Keith Aulie, ranks tenth in their list of Toronto Maple Leafs prospects. [The Leafs Nation]
- Current Pittsburgh Penguins head coach has been an assistant for the Los Angeles Kings and Vancouver Canucks. But before his coaching days in North America, Mike Johnston coached in the Land Down Under. Yes, Australia. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Despite Steve Downie's "bad guy" reputation around the NHL, Puck Daddy's Greg Wyshynski says he is not the thug that people make him out to be. [Puck Daddy]
- Travis Yost, Ottawa Senators blogger over at HockeyBuzz is bidding farewell to his readers. Good luck in the future, Travis! [HockeyBuzz]
- Friday was Joe Yerdon's last day writing for NBC Sports' Pro Hockey Talk. He sent out this tweet notifying his readers. Best of luck to you, Joe!
Today is my last day writing for the site. All of your kind words have me feeling like it's the end of "It's A Wonderful Life." Thank you.— Joe Yerdon (@JoeYerdon) September 5, 2014
Feel free to chat about whatever in comments, these posts are open threads after all.
Which right wing has a better chance to make the Tampa Bay Lightning roster on opening night?