Quick Strikes for Thursday, November 5
MOvember is here, checking in with the Syracuse Crunch, and McDavid injury updates dominate today's Quick Strikes.
- What's the best draft class for the Tampa Bay Lightning? The answer may surprise you (or might not.) [Sporting News]
- Don't buy into the skepticism, Lightning fans. Tampa is too talented up front to not pick up the scoring pace and the penalty kill will get better. [Lightning Shout]
- Joel Vermin is making strides with the Syracuse Crunch, registering a goal and three assists in the first eight games of the season. [Bolt Prospects]
- Today is the last day to bid on the Tampa Bay Lightning's Hockey Fight Cancer jerseys. The auctions will end around 12 EST. [NHL]
- What happened with the Crunch this week? So glad you asked - make sure you check out their weekly recap! [Tampa Bay Lightning]
- Ten things you should absolutely know about sled hockey! [Buzz Feed]
- The highs and lows of the the first month of the 2015-2016 season. [Today's Slapshot]
- The American Hockey League announced a new four-year officiating development agreement with the National Hockey League which will continue to see the AHL serve as the top development league for the NHL's referees through 2018-19. [AHL]
- The Patrick Kane case shows how much power fans wield in the way athlete investigations are handled. [SB Nation]
- MOvember is here! The month of November (or as it is now known, Movember) is dedicated to growing mustaches and raising funds and awareness for causes related to prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health. And there's been a new cause added to the fold this year: Movember is encouraging physical activity by introducing the MOVE for Movember challenge, where participants pledge to MOVE (by engaging in physical activity) every day of the month. [All Habs]
- Speaking of MOvember - the Crunch are holding a Movember Mustache Challenge throughout the month of November to raise funds for prostate cancer research at Upstate University Hopsital and spread awareness of the disease. [Syracuse Crunch]
- Though rookie Connor McDavid is out for the long term, the rookie race is still exciting. [SB Nation]
- Connor McDavid gets hurt and the idea of enforcers as a deterrent rears its ugly head again. [Copper & Blue]
Who has been the best goalie in Tampa Bay Lightning history?