Tuesday night link dump and open thread (offseason finale)
Rookie camps are in full swing, training camps open this weekend.
It's hockey time, ladies and gents. And that means the summer is done. This is the final Tuesday night link dump and open thread. We hope to keep up the Tuesday link dumps through the season.
- Recapping the Lightning's Traverse City win on Sunday Night: Panik at the Ice Rink! [Bolt Prospects]
- The Lightning rise again [The Concordian]
- Simon gagne will wear his No. 12 this season, and Ryan Malone will take No. 6 (formerly worn by Kurtis Foster) [TampaBay.com]
- Agree, disagree, defend his right to say it, whatever... Dan Ellis slinked away from Twitter after the PR fiasco of his own making [Hockey Independent]
- Get ready for Ice Fest on September 28th. [TBO]
- Alex Hutchings was inked by the Lightning to his entry level contract [Norfolk Admirals]
- 30 Teams in 30 Days looks at the Lightning [TSN]
- Pavel Kubina remarks on returning to Tampa Bay [Tampa Bay Lightning]
Sidenote: It appears Joe Bolts Fan is no more. We'll be removing them from the Boltosphere sidebar list. If you have another Lightning blog to suggest, please list it in comments.
- Unwritten hockey rules [Stay Classy]
- In case you missed it, Sidney Crosby goes yard [Confessions of a Hockey Fanatic]
- The NHL's green initiatives, what the league is doing to improve the planet (satire ahead!) [Springing Malik]
- In Buffalo, it's not about the player, it's about the sweater. [The Goose's Roost]
- Kevin comments on the NHL's penalties against the New Jersey Devils for the Kovalchuk fiasco [In Lou We Trust]
- The 2011 draft class, so far, is a three horse race [TSN]
- Sport teams are moving to green technology in order to save money [Grist.com]
- St. Pete Mayor Bill Foster remains a small minded tool at this hour, comparing a lowly Bucs team and extravagant NFL ticket prices that cripple sales (league wide in week 1) to the plight of the Rays: meaning he says there is no plight and things are hunky-dory in St. Pete [Rays Index]
- And if Foster needs to see how the other half lives (meaning outside his city limits), I submit this anecdote from a fan trying to get to the Rays/Yankees game last night [Skyscraper City]
- The Buccaneers get by the Browns in week 1 of the NFL season. How did all the units on the team stack up? [Bucs Nation]