Tuesday night link dump and open thread
There has yet to be a formal announcement of a NHL Draft night party by the team for Tampa Bay Lightning faithful. We would have expected something like this to come up sometime during the past week... And yet there has been nothing and it appears that there will be nothing.
Raw Charge will have a draft night open thread, and there has been Twitter talk of a fan get-together at Hattricks on draft night. We'll certainly have any official draft-party news should it become available from the team... But we'll also give out more info on this unofficial watch party if and when we find out more.
The NHL awards precede the NHL draff, however, and that's part of iour link-dump coverage.
- I thought it was worth repeating myself - the case for Martin St. Louis for the Hart Trophy. [Raw Charge]
- There are countless mock drafts out there. One of note was Hockey Wilderness' community lead mock draft. And the Tampa Bay Lightning selected...? [Hockey Wilderness]
- How about in Canes Country's mock draft from yesterday? [Canes Country]
- ...And their mock draft from today? [Canes Country]
- Pavel Kubina has been cleared to resume skating. He should be good-to-go for training camp [Tampabay.com]
- Steven Stamkos too a few batting cage at-bats before the Rays/Red Sox game last week [yfrog via @jb_long]
- Speaking of Stamkos: Both parties want it, both parties are working for it. A deal will get done [Bolts By The Bay]
- Dwayne Roloson was not always the old fart goaltender [Tumblr]
- Just what did Tampa Bay Lightning players and personalities give / receive for Fathers Day? [Don't Trade Vinny]
More links below the jump, and of course, you could always join us int eh comments.....
- Matthew Gunning gives a parting thanks, as the Atlanta Thrashers are officially no more [Bird Watchers Anonymous]
- As one site fades, another is born. Winnipeg's SB Nation blog is open for business [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Speaking of Winnipeg, are they to be the Jets yet again? [Your Winnipeg Jets]
- The NHL in Las Vegas, one Saturday night at a time [Preds on the Glass]
- It is glory. It is a revered, holy object. Behold the story flawed and sacred chalice known as Lord Stanley's Cup [Grantland]
- The NHL Salary Cap is increasing by almost $5 million next season. is growth once again putting the llllgame at risk? [SB Nation]
- The top selling NHL jersey's this past season [Kukla's Korner]
- The Southeast Division defined through songs by the Ramones. Nolan, you have too much time on yoru hands and too much music love. Bravo [Frozen Sheets of Hockey]
- There's being a fan, there is being intense, and then there is being too intense, taking things too personally and losing sight that this is a game [Bourne's Blog]
- Evan at Stanley Cup of Chowder bows out as a champion [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- Jaromir Jagr is going the way of Peter Forsberg, and I do not mean that in a positive light. He wants back in the NHL with the team he had the greatest success with [Pittsburgh Live]
Stem Cells treating athletic injuries [NPR]